Hello screenwriter’s and filmmakers!! First, let me say how excited we all are to have so many truly amazing films at our Second Annual Snake Alley Festival of Film.
Now, for those who are planning to attend… We have a little
info that will make your visit a little easier.
1. Each film and screenplay will get two all access badges. This badge gets you into all Festival events/parties.
2. In addition to t-shirt, every filmmaker and screenwriter will receive a swag bag full of local goodies.
3. Registration is Thursday, June 6th, from 11 to Noon, right
next to the Capitol theater (also known as the filmmakers and screenwriters lounge/AKA… The Annex). It connects to the theater, but provides a sound barrier as to not disturb the screenings. If you cannot make it to Thursday’s registration, someone will always be there to “man the post”.
4. The filmmaker and screenwriter’s brunch takes place on Friday from 10am to noon at The Drake (sponsored by Produce Iowa) Space is limited and we are filling up fast. Please let me know in advance if you would like to participate. It’s a great time to get to know each other, learn about each other’s projects, and support one another’s film.
5. A tour of historic Burlington is being sponsored by Grow
Greater Burlington. A bus will pick you up at the Port of Burlington at 9am. A sign up sheet will be in the Annex. The tour ends at noon and drops you off at the base of Snake Alley, just in time for Cyn-a-pa-looza! (which is a small
festival with wiener dog races, free ice cream, and local
6. Wiener dog races are at 1pm. You can bet on your favorite
dog, but we don’t condone gambling. (All bets go to The
Humane Society to support our local shelter.) 😉
7. Films begin at noon every day and run until 10pm, except
Saturday, when our first block begins at 12:30 and our last block ends at 6:30. The 2:30 to 4:30 bloc on saturday is our first family friendly block and free to kids under thirteen.
8. At 6:30 on Saturday, we shut down the street for our red carpet event. It gives us an hour to unwind. Just show your badge and we will supply the music, food, beer and wine.
9. “After” parties are all within 2 blocks of the theater.
Music will be provided, but you gotta bring the atmosphere.
10. We will have a van on call to make sure everyone gets back to their rooms safely.
11. Travel — We have two nearby airports, each about an hour and half away. One is in Iowa (Cedar Rapids) and the other in Illinois (Moline). Flying into either airport is a lot
easier, as far as scheduling, then flying directly into
Burlington. You can catch a puddle jumper out of Chicago or
St. Louis for only $35, but the schedule is limited.
12. Lastly, if you have artwork (already printed) and would
like to send it, please send to:
5233 Ferres Lane,
Burlington Iowa 52601.
This will be very helpful in promoting your film.
If you have any questions or concerns don’t
hesitate to e-mail or call. 319-750-4124
Warm regards and happy travels,
Snake Alley Festival of Film