Congratulations to you, the writers and filmmakers whose work has been selected for the 2021 Snake Alley Festival of Film. We received so many great entries, and we couldn’t be more excited to let the world see your work next month!
The full film block schedule can be found here.
The full daily schedule can be found here.
For those planning to attend we have some answers to your questions that will make your visit a little easier.
1. Each accepted writer/filmmaker can register for two free all access passes.
Think of your pass as a membership, and your rewards are free tickets!
These passes will give you access to tickets to the film blocks of your choice.
Please follow the instructions in your email to claim your passes.
If you did not get this email, please contact us.
2. In addition to an event t-shirt, every filmmaker and screenwriter will also receive a free swag bag full of local goods.
3. Registration is located right next to the Capitol Theater (also known as the Annex). It connects to the theater, but provides a sound barrier as to not disturb the screenings and readings. Volunteers will be here before screenings to help you with anything you need. This is where you will get your gift bag, shirt, and lanyard.
4. The free filmmaker and screenwriter’s luncheon takes place at 10am on Friday, August 6 at Good Restaurant + Lounge, 423 North 3rd Street. (two blocks down the street from the Capitol).
Space is limited so please sign up at the link provided in your email if you would like to participate. This free catered brunch is a great time to get to know each other, learn about each other’s projects, and support one another’s films.
5. SNAFFter parties are all located in downtown Burlington, within walking distance of the theater, and are free to attend. This is a fun time to socialize and wind down after a day of films. Each location will have indoor and outdoor spaces available (weather pending).
Thursday we will be at Good Restaurant + Lounge, located two blocks down from the Capitol
Friday we will be at Valley Monster Public Tap House on Valley Street.
Saturday we’ll head to Corked 101, also located on Jefferson Street
6. Travel — We have three nearby airports, each about an hour and half away.
One is in Iowa (Cedar Rapids) and two in Illinois (Moline & Peoria). Flying into these airports is a lot easier, as far as scheduling, then flying directly into Burlington.
Burlington offers several lodging options. There are also several downtown options as well as Air B&Bs.
7. The Capitol Theater is located downtown, within a short walking distance of many restaurants, coffee shops, a great record store, and several small shops. Take advantage of our beautiful downtown and support our sponsors!
8. Lastly, if you have artwork (pre-printed posters, cards, swag, etc.) and would like to send them for display, please send to:
Snake Alley Festival of Film
1301 S. 3rd St.
Burlington Iowa 52601
You can also bring your artwork with you if you plan on attending.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to see you all for SNAFF 2021!
Snake Alley Festival of Film