Hello screenwriter’s and filmmakers!! First, let me say how excited we all are to have so many truly amazing films at our Third Annual Snake Alley Festival of Film.
Now, for those who are planning to attend… We have a little info that will make your visit a little easier.
1. Each film and screenplay will get two all access badges. This badge gets you into all Festival events/parties.
2. In addition to t-shirt, every filmmaker and screenwriter will receive a swag bag full of local goodies.
3. Registration is Wednesday, June 4th, from 3 to 4, right next to the Capitol theater (also known as the filmmakers and screenwriters lounge/AKA… The Annex). It connects to the theater, but provides a sound barrier as to not disturb the screenings. If you cannot make it to Wednesday’s registration, someone will always be there to “man the post”.
4. The filmmaker and screenwriter’s brunch takes place on Friday from 10am to noon at The Drake (sponsored by Produce Iowa) Space is limited and we are filling up fast. Please let me know in advance if you would like to participate. It’s a great time to get to know each other, learn about each other’s projects, and support one another’s film.
5. A tour of historic Burlington is being sponsored by Grow Greater Burlington. A bus will pick you up at the Port of Burlington at 9am. A sign up sheet will be in the Annex. The tour ends at noon and drops you off at the base of Snake Alley, just in time for Cyn-a-pa-looza! (which is a small festival with wiener dog races, free ice cream, and local silly business).
6. Wiener dog races are at 1pm. You can bet on your favorite dog, but we don’t condone gambling. (All bets go to The Humane Society to support our local shelter.) 😉
7. Films begin at 2pm every day and run until 10pm, except Saturday, when our first block begins at 2:30 and our last block ends at 6:30.
8. At 6:30 on Saturday, we shut down the street for our red carpet event. It gives us an hour to unwind. Just show your badge and we will supply the music and food. The Capitol will provide the beer and wine.
9. “After” parties are all within 2 blocks of the theater. Music will be provided, but you gotta bring the atmosphere.
10. We will have a van on call to make sure everyone gets back to their rooms safely.
11. Travel — We have two nearby airports, each about an hour and half away. One is in Iowa (Cedar Rapids) and the other in Illinois (Moline). Flying into either airport is a lot easier, as far as scheduling, then flying directly into Burlington. You can catch a puddle jumper out of Chicago or St. Louis for only $35, but the schedule is limited.
12. A Filmmakers panel will take place at the theater on Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm to 6pm.
13. Screenplays will be staged at The Art Guild. Schedule to be posted soon.
14. Also, we will have a writers workshop on the 9th from 10am til 2pm. Hosted by the very talented Lee Ross. Titled “Writing on The Edge”. This will be a small group, please contact me for details.
15. Lastly, if you have artwork (already printed) and or (Blu-Rays) and would like to send them, please send to:
5233 Ferres Lane,
Burlington Iowa 52601.
This will be very helpful in promoting your film.
If you have any questions or concerns don’t
hesitate to e-mail or call. 319-750-4124
Warm regards and happy travels,
Snake Alley Festival of Film