Hello filmmakers!! First, let me say how excited we all are to have so many truly amazing films at the very first Snake Alley Festival of Film. Congratulations! Now, for those who are planning to attend… We have a little info that will make your visit a little easier.
1. Each film will get two filmmakers all access badges. This badge gets you into all Festival events/parties. Additional badges for those attached to the film, can be purchased for ten dollars each.
2. We need to know everyone’s shirt size. Please e-mail me ASAP. In addition to the tshirt, every filmmaker will receive a swag bag full of local goodies. Let us know if you need additional tshirts for purchase.
3. Registration is Thursday, June 7th, from 12 to 2 right next to the Capitol theater (also known as the filmmakers lounge/and The Annex). It connects to the theater, but provides a sound barrier as to not disturb the screenings. If you cannot make it to Thursday’s registration, someone will always be there to “man the post”.
4. The filmmakers luncheon takes place on Friday from 11am to 1pm and is free to filmmakers, but space is limited and we are filling up fast. Please let me know in advance if you would like to participate. It’s a great time to get to know each other, learn about each other’s projects, and support
one another’s film.
5. A tour of historic Burlington is being sponsored by Grow Greater Burlington. A bus will pick you up at your hotel at 9am and take to the Phelps house, The world famous Snake Alley as well as the Heritage museum. The tour ends at noon and brings you downtown to Cyn-a-pa-looza! (which is a small festival with wiener dog races, free ice cream, and local silly business).
6. Wiener dog races are at 1pm. You can bet on your favorite dog, but we don’t condone gambling. (All bets go to The Humane Society to support our local shelter.) 😉
7. 9dot studio will be painting a mural commemorating the very first Snake Alley Festival of Film. Chuck Day is an amazing artist and visitors are welcome.
8. Films begin at 2pm every day and run until 10pm, except Saturday, when our last block ends at 8pm.
9. Saturday, we shut down the street for our red carpet event. The party starts around 6:30 and really gets cranking after our last block of films. That gives us an hour to unwind. Just show your badge and we will supply the music, food, beer and wine.
10. “After” parties are all within 2 blocks of the theater. Music will be provided, but you gotta bring the atmosphere. This does not apply to one of our MC’s (Ryan Turner). ha! Side note — The Drake is offering all filmmakers half-priced drinks and appetizers.
11. Accommodations — Comfort suites is offering a filmmakers discount. Just let them know that you are with The Snake Alley Festival of Film. The phone number is 319-753-1300. A discounted room will be $96. Also, The Super 8 will give us rooms for $61 for a single and $69 for a double. This is not a full service motel, but to get the discount, the same rule applies. The number is 319- 754-0372 We also have access to a couple of B&B’s but these are filling up fast.
12. Travel — We have two nearby airports, each about an hour and half away. One is in Iowa (Cedar Rapids) and the other in Illinois (Moline). Flying into either airport is a lot easier, as far as scheduling, then flying directly into Burlington. You can catch a puddle jumper out of Chicago or St. Louis for only $35, but the schedule is limited.
13. Lastly, if you have artwork (already printed) and would like to send it, please send to:
Burlington Iowa 52601.
This will be very helpful in promoting your film. Hope this helps… f you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to e-mail me.
Warm regards and happy travels,
Snake Alley Festival of Film